Auggie for Sale
No results for your search.
The Auggie is a medium-sized designer dog. The breed is a cross between the Pembroke Welsh Corgi, which is native to Wales, and the Australian shepherd, which is from Australia. Its name is derived from both breeds, and some people may call it Augi or Aussie-Corgi. Originally, they are from the UK where they were bred in the 1800s and were later exported to the US, and have been reliable herding dogs for decades. As such, it combines traits from both its parent breeds, such as being playful and hard-working.
The Auggie’s Appearance
Small or medium
Long spine with short legs and stout body
A round head with a muzzle narrowing towards the end
Triangular ears that fold straight up or toward the front
Round or almond-shaped eyes
10 to 13 inches
10 to 40 pounds
A soft medium-length double coat with a thick undercoat with a silky outer coat
White, black, brown, tan, red, merle, sable, blue merle
12 to 15 years
The Auggie’s Temperament
- Affectionate- the breed is known for its loving nature, as they take very well to their families.
- Easily trained- An Auggie dog is smart and can memorize new commands in just 5 to 15 repetitions, and can learn new tricks with ease, especially when given positive reinforcement. Their intelligence helps them achieve this since they also obey commands with ease.
- Guarding instinct- these dogs were working dogs that specialized in herding and protecting cattle.
- Quiet-while some dog breeds are very vocal, the Auggie only barks when necessary, such as when it wants to draw your attention to something.
- High energy- this pup loves being active, so you will need an exercise regimen to keep them healthy.
- Social- these dogs need interaction with humans and other animals to stay happy.
- Territorial- while they are not loud, these dogs do not enjoy strangers in their personal space and are protective of their homes.
- Friendly- this breed is not aggressive, so they are good companions and also make good therapy pets.
It is important to get a pet with a similar temperament, and if you are looking for a breed that has a similar temperament, like the Akita.
How To Care For An Auggie
1. Diet and Nutrition
Every pet needs a balanced diet that is appropriate to its weight, species, and age. As such, certain animals may require certain diets. You may feed this breed foods such as:
- Meats, e.g. chicken, lamb, beef, fish, venison, etc.
- Fruit, e.g. banana, apple, pineapple, mango, oranges, watermelon, etc.
- Vegetables e.g., spinach, carrots, broccoli, beets, cucumber, kale, etc.
- Dairy, e. g milk, cheese, plain yogurt, etc.
Please note that portions should be regulated since they tend to overeat, leading to obesity.
2. Physical Exercise
Since the Auggie is a high-energy dog, it needs at least an hour daily of exercise or play to mentally and physically stimulate them. If not, they may become agitated, leading them to chew and ruin things. You can play fetch with them, take long walks, and engage in other outdoor activities that help them stay active.
3. Grooming and Hygiene
The Auggie has a dense double coat that sheds during the winter and summer. As such, regular brushing is necessary and should be done at least twice a week during these seasons using a slicker brush, de-matting comb, or any other pet brushes.
You should also acquire a toothbrush and some pet toothpaste to enhance your dog’s dental health. Nail clippers are also important since they can help reduce nail overgrowth.
If you have other breeds, especially those with a heavy coat, such as the American Foxhound.
4. Common Allergies
This breed can be affected if they consume the following substances:
- Macadamia nuts
- Cooked bones
- Artificial sweeteners e. g xylitol
- Grapes and raisins
- Onions, chives, and garlic
As such, you should keep your pup away from these substances for their own good. It is preferable to keep them in locked places where they cannot access them. There are many other allergies that may affect your pup, so it is important to know the signs of an allergic reaction. These include watery or itchy eyes, skin rash or hives, sneezing, breathing problems, swelling, diarrhea, and inflamed skin.
5. Potential Diseases For Auggies
Auggie is at risk of contracting:
- Back problems
- Progressive retinal atrophy
- Von Willebrand’s disease
- Joint dysplasia
- Degenerative myelopathy
- Drug sensitivity
- Urinary stones
- Eye issues
A reputable vet will help you avoid any instances of these illnesses since they will perform regular checks for symptoms. At these check-ups, they may recommend vaccinations for
Rabies, canine distemper, leptospirosis, kennel cough, canine parvovirus, and canine parainfluenza.
Other dogs are also at risk of other illnesses, which we outline in our other articles, such as American Bulldog.
Where To Find Auggie Dogs For Sale
Anyone who is looking for “Auggie puppies for sale near me” or an “Auggie dog for sale” if you want one, you can consider checking out the listings on our site. However, we also have adults, and you can choose a pet depending on your preferences, such as pick-up location and age.
Pros and Cons
Pros of owning an Auggie:
- Highly intelligent and trainable
- Can live in both hot and cold regions
- Outgoing and curious
- Very friendly and playful
Cons of owning an Auggie:
- Not suitable for apartments due to high energy
- Spine issues are common due to their long body and propensity for obesity
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the price for an Auggie puppy ad adult?
An Auggie puppy is priced at $600 to $800 while an Auggie adult falls within this range but can also go for up to $ 2500.
2. What is a designer dog?
A designer dog is bred from two different purebred dogs hence they have unique physical features.
3. How often should you groom your Auggie?
Anyone seeking Auggie dogs for sale should understand that it needs a groom every four to eight weeks.
4. What accessories do you need for a dog?
You may purchase a nail trimmer, chew toys, collars, treats for positive reinforcement, dog carriers, apparel, and dog beds among others.
5. How can you train a dog to use a litter box?
You need a designated space to place the box. You can then guide the dog there whenever they need to go and provide positive reinforcement when they obey.
6. How can you prevent obesity in dogs?
You should give them regular exercise ad ration their meals. Food should also be of high quality.
To sum it up, the Auggie is a designer dog breed descended from the Australian shepherd and the Pembroke Welsh Corgi. It is long and stout, and its traits, such as playfulness and obedience, make it an excellent companion. However, it is prone to obesity, but with proper diet and care, this and other diseases can be prevented, which is important knowledge before seeking out “Auggie puppies for sale near me”. Now that you have all the information you need, you can find these cute dogs on our site and begin your journey as a pet parent!